Tuesday 14 December 2010

Ain't No Rest for the Wicked?

This afternoon, while listening to the news on the radio, I heard something that makes my head want to explode... There was another report of a new born being thrown into a dumpster like yesterday's news. Now, what makes my head spin to the point of near explosion, is trying to understand and grasp the reasoning behind such an act......

Unfortunately, this isn't the first report of a trash baby and this makes me sad. (I'm sure I'm not the only one who has heard of the story of the girl giving birth in the bathroom, at her prom, then calmly walking out after placing her baby in the garbage.) Thankfully, I have never been in the situation where I had a baby then figured the only option was to place them in a trash receptacle.... So it is far out of my realm of reality to even imagine what exactly is going through these girls'/women's minds as they do so. Maybe they were in such utter shock they didn't know what else to do? Maybe they figure that their family would shun and cast them out. Perhaps they were street people that knew they couldn't handle having another mouth to feed. Whatever their reasoning is, I don't understand.

As I say, I've never been in such a position, so I don't understand. Sure there may be extenuating circumstances, but in my mind, it's murder. Anyone that can't understand after holding a newborn, and hearing them cry, that throwing them in a dumpster to die alone is wrong needs some form of help... I'm not saying lock them up and throw away the key by any means, maybe a life spent in a Mental Institution is where they belong. I've heard far too many stories of trash babies being found, so maybe it is a Mental Health Issue.

I'm not a doctor, nor am I a lawyer, psychologist or anyone who's opinion would be held up in a court of law... So these are just my random thoughts on the headlines... What I getting at though, is that the reports severely bother me. In a day and age where certain couples are still not able to conceive a child of their own.... There has to be other options, for the mothers of said garbage babies, to do something other than abandon their babies in a trash heap? Why wouldn't they think of dropping off a baby somewhere they could be found and given a chance to survive? Maybe the idea of a bundled up baby left in a basket on a church step is over romanticized... But the idea is better than a garbage can, I guarantee. How bout leaving a baby in a crowded hospital emergency room instead? It's warm, safer than the streets, and guaranteed some one's going to find them...

Some mothers may have a break with reality, I'm not denying that fact... Others though, a child is "just" an inconvenience and the dumpster is their cold hearted remedy. We hear of parents doing unspeakable things to their child for selfish motives. (Susan Smith springs to mind.) Either way, in this society, stories of dumpster babies shouldn't be so common place and accepted.

Yesterday, another child abuse issue caught my attention. The Graham James Saga has a new chapter on my mind. I posted an entry a little while ago about this twisted DIRT BAG.  I was watching Fifth Estate or a similar show about Graham James and his sick story... I was completely heartbroken that he had such a negative affect on so many young boys... I was down right DISGUSTED to learn that he was not only released from prison but was also granted a pardon by the Canadian Parole Board. (Trust me, not a proud moment as a Canadian.)

Due to a publication ban, I don't know the full story... What I do know is enough though... Against Crown Prosecutor's opposition, Graham James has been released on bail with several release conditions. (Such as giving up his passport and not being alone in the company of anyone under the age of 18.)  Someone like that, who has negatively affected more than one person, in my opinion should not be walking the streets anywhere... This guy is free to roam the streets of Montreal, however. This makes me sick to the very core of my being. I don't believe in vigilante justice, but I would cross the street to spit repeatedly in the face of this parasite. Mind you, that's easy for me to say... He didn't do anything to me other than make me violently ill at the very thought of him.

What I, genuinely, do not understand is how a judge can let a man like him free to roam the streets... Wouldn't it be safer for the general public to have James securely detained behind bars? Not that I give a bloody crap about him, but wouldn't it also be safer for him as well? It sickens me to know that he was released and pardoned the first time... Only for him to be able to roam the streets while out on bail for a second time.... It bothers me to know that he was allowed to live in Mexico as a free man... I pray, and I don't pray, that he didn't defile any child while down in Mexico....

It's a twisted world in which we live and I suppose it takes all kinds to make that world go round. I just can't wrap my head around anyone who can justify harming another person, other than in a case self defence. Ya, some days I'm sure we'd all love to flip our lid and just go ballistic... Point of the matter is, most of us don't.

It's not always about me; I just imagine crazy shit in my head... I don't actually DO it!

(http://www.stratfordbeaconherald.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2889560)

No comments: