Friday 17 September 2010

Minus 2 Before My Birthday.... Welcome to Hellberta... I Say Good-Day!

My birthday's coming up pretty quick here... Next Tuesday, I'll have "terrorized" the planet for 29 years... As mentioned in a previous post, Autumn is the time of year I enjoy most. It's not sick, sticky hot like summer... It's usually not deep freeze cold like the hell of winter here.... And it's pretty outside! This morning, as pretty and golden as it was at 7 AM, trudging to get the wagon to work... It was frosty and cold... It's officially dropped below zero degrees.... Not Cool. (While I guess it is literally cool.)

I've lived here in Deadmonton, Hellberta long enough to know that it's never safe to put the scarves, mitts, snow pants, coats and toques etc away... Why? Because it's known to snow at the most in-opportune times. I moved here mid to late May 2003... It snowed a week before I arrived here. A couple friends have time/date stamped video footage from July of the year prior, when it snowed... This year, we had a mini-blizzard in April.... So in all honesty, I shouldn't even complain... When it snows on or before next Tuesday... Y'all can blame me...

My rancid cold is still kickin'. Ya, I said it...... Just over 2 weeks later and I still have that wonderfully attractive phlegmy cough... My nose is playing the crusty one day, clear the next game... I'm feeling a l'il tired and run down still... I think I'll have a sleep marathon this weekend... I hope that'll kick this grossness to the curb... It doesn't help that the I infected the roommate and we seem to re-contaminate each other whenever we're near enough to each other to do so. (It's also true what they say, men turn into big whiny babies when they're sick. Keep in mind I had the same cold and I was the one that infected him (the roommate.)... But now it seems to be a competition. He "has it so much worse than I did". He "feels like he's dying". And of course, "It's all my fault". He had it so bad that he had to take 3 days of work, again my bad.)

So, whether it's all about me or not, and whether I like it or not, Mother Nature has a wicked (bad) sense of humour and will continue to operate as she sees fit... You can bitch about the weather all ya like, but it's put up or shut up time... As a few have told me already, you CHOSE to be here, you don't like it, LEAVE! (Thank you for the advice, and I just might take it!!!!)

No comments: