Monday 13 September 2010

A few "normal" ones?

While I don't condone celeBRATy worship, there are a few I do quite enjoy. Granted not every celebrity is a celebutard, some actually do good deeds for their community, country and the world. Celebs do charity work and are spokespeople for great causes, so I'll give "props" where due... I also enjoy the Celebs that seem to have a brain in their head and are actually pretty clever and use it in hilarity. (*Crime show narrator voice*) The following are just such examples.

A local Edmonton radio talk show personality, Yukon Jack I find enlightening in a funny sort of way. Yukon is on the Paul Brown Show located at 100.3 on the radio dial. (100.3 The Bear for all those who don't live in Edmonton.) While I find Paul Brown himself vile and disgusting, Yukon Jack has a little rant called "My Big Yap" where he does a two minute blip about something funny going on. Usually I agree what he has to say and 99% of the time, I get a laugh out've what he's got to say. (I started this blog with him in mind, but I'm no where near as quick and witty as he seems to be... In fact, most people would (read my blog or) listen to me once, decide I was too negative, and never read/listen to me again! Yukon Jack seems to have a following, like him or hate him, people listen.)

Dennis Leary is another guy I find to be BRILLIANT in a funny way... "You know shit about shit! AND PULL UP YOUR PANTS!!!!!!" (Sadly, my generation wore their boxers on the outside... Something I also don't understand! When it looks like you're wearing your little brother's pants, because they only come up just below your arse, what's the point of wearing pants? and how the hell is that comfortable???) "Coffee flavored coffee" anyone? (A staple in my morning ritual.) While some think Mr Leary is controversial, I still enjoy his realm of reality.

Russell Peters is another fave. Brings the "ethnic truths" to light. I still enjoyed his skits about his childhood and family. I think most people can relate to his humour as it rings true.... Maybe that's why it's so funny?

Johnny Depp, a lot of people, especially women, like this guy. I enjoy him, not because he's "hot" (to be honest, not my cup of tea, he's not ugly but it's not like I'd pass out because of his resonating beauty.) While he may not be HILARIOUS, I do think he's an honest to God good actor. (He was pretty funny in the Pirates of Caribbean movies though, I'll give him that.) I also like the fact that he seems to stay out of the limelight, lead a normal life and stay out of the tabloids. (I know in the past that wasn't always so.)

I can't think of a single person, with exception of the British Royal (pain in the asses) Family, who didn't like Princess Diana. She is the beacon, in my opinion, of a Celebrity using their power of the media for good instead of evil. She did an enormous amount of charity work and was loved world wide. Even though I do admire her very much, she too was "only human". (One of the best by far.) It was the public's fascination with her and her celebrity that cost her her life 13 years ago as the paparazzi chased her car into that tunnel in France. A real tragedy. Most people can tell you where they were when man kind landed on the moon, where they were when Kennedy was shot and where they were when they found out the sad new about Princess Diana.

It's not always about me, so you can follow and obsess over whomever you'd like. These are just a few celebs I do enjoy, there are a few more but not many. Celebs are just human beings allowed to live and make mistakes just as we are... And for this reason, I would never worship any. Nothing saying you can't enjoy them though!

No comments: